RE: RARA-AVIS: life's too short to read bad books

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 01 Aug 2002

John Lau said: And I have to say that I'm in awe of miker's tenacity in pursuing his goal. Wish I had that much time to read on my hands.

************** I hate to give up secrets, John, but I'll let you in on one. Read the older stuff. You can read three or four 150 page novels in the time it takes to read one Ellroy epic.

My goal is to read one-tenth the number of books that Bill Crider has read and gain one-tenth the understanding of literature that Mario has. I would also like to die at the fine age of 92, in the middle of the act of procrea- tion, but thats a bit off-topic so I won't belabor that one.

miker