Re: RARA-AVIS: Wrapping up UK month

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 30 Jul 2002

1. I don't know why everyone is complaining about book access these days. I've never had more. "Independent" bookstores I've been in carry little of interest; the only mystery bookstore I've ever encountered featured a roving, uncouth bulldog, and I never went back. Yet I can sit here at the keyboard and summon up fascinating piles of book, even ones from far-off UK. 2. And right on, Mr.T, re the tax codes. I'll have to try harranguing my reps in DC on that matter. (The last time I tried to contact my Congressman, I learned to my horror that he had no e-mail address.) But, pray tell, what leads you to believe Bush wants to do something for US culture?

Joy