Re: RARA-AVIS: Titles--favorite and not so favorite

From: Al Guthrie ( allanguthrie@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: 28 Jun 2002

Britain's Hank Janson was responsible for some terrible titles: Hotsy, You'll Be Chilled Don't Mourn Me Toots Some Look Better - Dead Skirts Bring Me Sorrow
(I heard that Prion were all set to reprint some of his stuff, but last time I looked there was no info on their website)

James Hadley Chase wasn't much better: You Find Him - I'll Fix Him Do Me A Favour - Drop Dead We'll Share a Double Funeral

Fredric Brown has some good titles. I particularly like "Mrs Murphy's Underpants" and "We All Killed Grandma".

Al