Re: RARA-AVIS: drugs, sex and other stuff & other stuff

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 07 Jun 2002

Mark wrote:

> If you want to see gun-handling that looks far more authentic, even to
> someone as unknowledgeable as myself, check out Way of the Gun.
There's
> just something different about it, even beyond showing the reloading.

It's probably my favourite film of the last couple of years. I liked all the reloading stuff, I don't feel it disrupted the rythmn, or whatever it is that film-makers are worrying about happening if they were to go for more realistic shoot-out sequences. Aside from adding to the gritty realism quotient it also added to the suspense, IMO. I believe that this flick's stature will grow over the years - I think it's been somewhat underrated. Loved the acting, too, especially Del Torrio & old warhorse Caan.

Rene