Re: RARA-AVIS: rabe and westlake

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Jun 2002

<<i bought a westlake book called _the hook_ (i think) but when i read the back cover i kinda lost some enthusiasm about it... one author paying another author to kill his wife. hmm. is this book a good read?>>

It's a terrific (as well as terrifying) noir novel: one of the three or four best books he's ever written. By the way, have you read The Ax, which is one of those three or four?

Even if you don't think as highly of these novels as I do, I guarantee you won't be able to put them down...

Best,

MrT