Re: RARA-AVIS: THE FINAL COUNTRY

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 03 Jun 2002

Mark Coggins wrote:

"The really interesting thing about it, I think, is the very conscious decision on Crumley's part to pay homage to the plot of FAREWELL, MY LOVELY."

I haven't read The Final Country yet, was disappointed by Crumley's last couple, but this is interesting. Of course, he's done it before. His masterpiece, The Last Good Kiss, is clearly based on the central portion of The Long Goodbye, Marlowe's search for the author Roger Wade (who has been known to appear on this list, although under a different name).

Mark