RARA-AVIS: Mexico is Forever (possible spoiler?)

From: Forstater, Mathew ( ForstaterM@umkc.edu)
Date: 15 May 2002

WARNING: I don't know if this is considered a spoiler or not, but if you don't want to know about something that happens later on in this book, don't read on. It doesn't reveal the main plot conclusion or anything, but if you read this I suppose this part will be less of a surprise.

Anyway, Leo Haggerty is getting beat up by some guy and the guy is wearing body armor, plus is very solid anyway, and is giving Leo a bear-hug and has his face buried in Leo's shoulder so Leo can't gouge him in the eyes. Leo feels like his ribs are going to collapse into his lungs and chops to the neck are having absolutely no effect, he can't kick him and so what he does is stick his thumbs into his earholes and rips his ears off! The way it was told was very hilarious, and got a couple pages of good jokes out of it. Is that possible? I know from Mike Tyson they can be bitten off, but just torn off?