RE: RARA-AVIS: McCammon

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 30 Apr 2002

reed says: He stopped publishing after Boy's Life (arguabley his best book) because he wanted to get out of the horror genre, wrote at least one (possibly two) historical mainstream books (but one involves witchcraft hysteria/trials, possibly Salem's lot) that no one would pick up. So he quit. At least until recently -- his witch trial historical is supposed to be published by a small press later this year. But I suspect you knew all that before I typed this.

  nope. i hadn't heard it. thanks for the news. i don't understand the publishing biz. i would have thought that with his success, he would always have money up front from some publisher. and writing a book that nobody is inter- ested in publishing must be quite a blow, both to the spirit and the pocketbook. i guess when the publishing industry has you figured for a certain genre, they can be stubborn about a change.

miker