Re: RARA-AVIS: Just curious

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 23 Apr 2002

Sarah B wrote:

> "Christian fiction" is booming, or so my friends who read it tell
> me, and I know evangelical writers of varying degrees of skill
> have turned out inspirational versions of just about every genre
> except hard horror and porn. So I'm wondering: Has any writer of
> faith-compatible fiction produced a [I'm running out of
> adjectives] PI?

The closest thing to a Christian P.I. novel that I'm aware of is an Australian novel, which I haven't read, THE LAST ADVENTURES OF CHRISTIAN DOOM, PRIVATE I by Robert Kenny which I suspect is sort of PILGRIM'S PROGRESS meets Chandler but I doubt that it's written from a religious perspective. As for Christian porn, all I can say is (in the words of the lobotomised Groucho Marx clone that continually turns up on all the TV screens in the movie ROBOCOP): "I'll buy that for a dollar!"

Rene