RE: RARA-AVIS: DOUBLE INDEMNITY essays question

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 23 Apr 2002

rene says:
 I'm looking for essays on Billy Wilder's film version of DOUBLE INDEMNITY, particularly, but not only, if they're available on the internet & I'm not finding a lot. Does anyone know of any essays, particularly academic ones, on the topic? I'd greatly appreciate the assistance.(Any good essays on Cain's book would also be useful.)

i looked specifically for wilder's film. didn't find much, but here are some links. good luck, rene. sorry if these are worthless.

wilder interview: http://www.imagesjournal.com/issue10/features/wilder/

commentaries and reviews?: http://www.reelclassics.com/Contents/commentary.htm

5 personal reviews: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/DoubleIndemnity-1006170/reviews.php

ebert review: http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/ebert_reviews/1999/01/double1022.html