Re: RARA-AVIS: Swimming, Angie and proofing

From: WordRunner@aol.com
Date: 21 Apr 2002

In a message dated 4/21/02 1:01:20 PM, gsp.schoo@skylinc.net writes:

<< Can't we think of the ghetto metaphorically then, related to the psychological trap of an abusive relationship? >>

    We sure can, but this whole thread has been about whether Angie fits comfortably on the pile of hard-boiled fictional characters, not about whether other hard-boiled characters pursued false gods and sacrificed love. The Maltese Falcon is not Casablanca and vice versa, and I'm sure you can't be questioning whether Sam Spade is a hard-boiled character, so in the words of Tina Turner, "What's Love Got To Do With It?"

                                    Jim Blue