RARA-AVIS: gatsby

From: Carrie Pruett ( pruettc@hotmail.com)
Date: 13 Apr 2002

FYI, I believe that the character in the Great Gatsby who allegedly fixed the world series was named Meyer Wolfsheim. Wasn't he the one who had cufflinks made out of human molars? anyway, I believe Wolfsheim was based on a real guy named Rothstein (?) which I think has already been said here. I just wanted to throw in the character's name. The tooth cufflinks sounds like it must be a detail drawn from life, but I don't know if it was Rothstein who wore them.

carrie