RARA-AVIS: My Top 20

From: Chris Martin ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 02 Apr 2002

Below are my favorite 20. While doing this exercise I was struck by how many series characters I included. I'm looking forward to using others' lists as tools for jumping into series I may have missed so far.

Dudley Smith (L.A. QUARTET series and CLANDESTINE, James Ellroy) Philip Marlowe (series, Raymond Chandler) Spenser (series, Robert Parker) Nick Stefanos (series, George Pelecanos) Harry Bosch (series, Michael Connelly) Peter Bondurant (UNDERWORLD USA trilogy, James Ellroy) Matthew Scudder (series, Lawrence Block Patrick Kenzie (series, Dennis Lehane) Lloyd Hopkins (series, James Ellroy) C. W. Shugrue (series, James Crumley) Hawk (Spenser series, Robert Parker Lionel Essrog (MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN, Jonathan Lethem) Frank Clemons (trilogy, Thomas Cook) Frederick J. Frenger, Jr. (MIAMI BLUES, Charles Willeford) Ernest Stickney (STICK and SWAG, Elmore Leonard) Lou Ford (KILLER INSIDE ME and WILD TOWN, Jim Thompson) Sam Spade (THE MALTESE FALCON, Dashiell Hammett) Travis McGee (series, John D. MacDonald) Easy Rawlins (series, Walter Mosley) Amos Walker (series, Loren D. Estleman)

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx