RARA-AVIS: George R. R. Martin

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 30 Mar 2002

Martin's been around for a long time. He's still writing books, in spite of making big Hollywood TV dough with Beauty and the Beast. In fact, he's writing books very successfully, with a doorstop fantasy trilogy that began
(I think) with A Game of Kings. If you want him in a hardboiled vein, the closest you're likely to come is Armageddon Blues. My favorite is his riverboat vampire novel, Fevre Dream. He sells signed items and other stuff on eBay.

Bill Crider