RE: RARA-AVIS: 3/29/02 - Top 100 List A QUESTION RE: VOTING

From: Anderson, Erick (ETW) ( Erick.Anderson@nike.com)
Date: 29 Mar 2002

> Joe D. wrote:
>

> Here's the latest, as always any corrections would be most appreciated.

---

As I review the list and start thinking about voting, I realize that I'm not sure what I'm voting for. Mark's original one line suggestion was "How about a Hardboiled 100?" or words to that effect. Does that mean I should be winnowing my list to those that are the most hardboiled, or am I looking for memorable characters from novels considered to be hardboiled? Was this discussed in any more detail ater in the thread (and missed by me?)
Comments? Suggestions?
Best Regards, Erick
P.S.: Thanks, Joe, for keeping up with the list. A correction: Slim Callaghan is from the Slim Callaghan series by Peter Cheyney. I liked them and would recommend them.