Re: RARA-AVIS: Still more nominations

From: Buzz ( BuzzMeeks@attbi.com)
Date: 27 Mar 2002

Plus:

Walter Stackhouse (The Blunderer, Patricia Highsmith) very accesible, plot driven Highsmith (unlike some of her others) about a man undone by coincidence. A page turner.

Mongo (Mongo's Back in Town, E. Richard Johnson) how did we miss this one?

Max Dembo (No Beast so Fierce, Edward Bunker) down and out on the gritty streets of L. A. by a guy who knows.

Madox (Hell Hath No Fury, aka the Hot Spot, Charles Williams) a certfiable classic even if the movie sucked.

Corey Bradford (Night Squad, David Goodis) my second favorite Goodis after Shoot the Piano Player.

Brad