RE: RARA-AVIS: Voting procedures

From: Anderson, Erick (ETW) ( Erick.Anderson@nike.com)
Date: 25 Mar 2002

> Kate Derie:
>
> I think each of us voting for our ten (or twenty) favorites, in no
> particular order, will
> give a truer picture of the consensus of the list.
>
> Mark:
>
> I had sent Erick an email basically saying what you do, but he had
> announced
> it was to be ranked voting.
>
> If the voting is not ranked I don't mind giving every list member twenty
> votes instead of ten.

        ---

        Mark, Kate and all:

        I was not making an announcement, I was merely parroting back what I was reading as consensus at the time. In fact, the way I prepared the list of nominees, the rules and the FAQs was to cut and paste from all the emails I read.

        My regrets to anyone who thought/thinks that I was laying down the law. That was neither my wish nor intention.

        Should we start a list of top 100 polling methods and vote on the best one? :-)

        I would be willing to volunteer to tabulate the votes in whatever manner is decided upon.