RARA-AVIS: Re : Andy Griffith show

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 24 Mar 2002

Anthony said:

 All of them old shows only hinted at what was really going on,
> what was just below the surface simmering away in the southern heat.
>
> Oh yeah and that psycho-fuck Deputy Barney Fife ... Lou Ford's east
> coast kissin' cousin. His Costello routine his own unique version of
> Ford's personality quirk. It's not hard to picture him sneaking off
> across the country line while off duty to harvest a neighboring town's
> beauty queen, one after another, year after year, to pay the little
> sweet things back for the cruelty of a local one that incessantly
teased
> and belittled him while he was a gangly teenager growing up in
Mayberry... etc..

I stand corrected. I don't think the show has played in these parts for many decades, at least on free to air tv. (It may turn up on cable, or as we aptly call it down here, pay tv). I'll have to check it out, if I ever get a chance - the last time this show was on I was far too young to pick up on any subtleties. I liked the theme tune, though.

Rene