RARA-AVIS: Last Train To Crime Wave

From: Falconmystery@aol.com
Date: 22 Mar 2002

Just a last minute reminder to anyone within reasonable traveling distance of Charlottesville, Virginia: If there's any way you can make it for Saturday's
(3/23, 8:30 AM - 6PM) Crime Wave@VABook! event, by all means, do.

As a visiting NY Times books critic told Dave Taylor of C'ville's Read It Again Sam bookstore yesterday, tomorrow's lineup of mystery and suspense authors is one of the highlights of the annual 5 day, 300 author Virginia Festival of the Book, and includes the likes of Elizabeth Peters, Jeffery Deaver, George Pelicanos, Anne Perry, and Laura Lippman.

My personal bias in having you attend is that by special agreement with the publisher my new book, A KILLING SKY, will be on sale at Crime Wave, even though it will not officially be available in stores until April 2. For more information, check out www.virginiabook.org. Hope to see many of you tomorrow!

Andy Straka A WITNESS ABOVE - Agatha Nominee Best First Novel (Signet Penguin Putnam 2001) A KILLING SKY (Signet-in stores April 2!) www.falconmystery.com

PS-All book sales at this year's Crime Wave are being handled by Creatures 'N Crooks bookshop, IMBA member from Richmond