Re: RARA-AVIS: don't forget me !!

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 21 Mar 2002

In a message dated 3/21/02 2:36:59 PM, zspider@gte.net writes:

<< hiaasen and i kinda had that "series burnout"

thing, a syndrome where i love it to begin with but sorta became pro-

gressively less enchanted. its happened to me with ridley pearson, james

ellroy, hiaasen, and a couple others. >>

I've also gotten a little tired of Hiaasen, who I loved initially. Shames is similar, but not as absurd. Kind of a mix between Hiaasen and Leonard. He's fun, but after 4 or 5, he's not breaking any new ground. James W. Hall's books set in the Keys should be a must.

John Lau