Re: RARA-AVIS: don't forget me !!

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 21 Mar 2002

> Miker, you might enjoy reading some of Lawrence Shames' amusing crime
novels
> set in the Keys.
>
> John Lau

thanks for the recommendation, john. i'm not familiar with shames yet, although the name has passed by me more than once on the list. i'll have to put him on my amazon "wish" list. the only florida hb i could think of is hiaasen, and _sick puppy_ is the only one (paperback) of his that i haven't read yet. hiaasen and i kinda had that "series burnout" thing, a syndrome where i love it to begin with but sorta became pro- gressively less enchanted. its happened to me with ridley pearson, james ellroy, hiaasen, and a couple others.

any rare birds located down in key west or key largo? i'll be both places. i'll buy beers!

miker