Re: RARA-AVIS: List of 100 Best hard boiled characters of the las t 100 years

From: Chrisiant@aol.com
Date: 20 Mar 2002

In a message dated 3/20/02 5:25:51 PM US Eastern Standard Time, Erick.Anderson@nike.com writes:

<<
 Section one, Nominations to Date. I've excluded seconds; I think for the
 ease of bookkeeping, it's a good idea to vote on all the nominees at the
 end. Can those who've made nominations go back through this and add author
 and book or series? Thanks.

 Section Two, Rules to Date. Let me know if these seem complete, or if you
 have any additions or clarifications. Also, suggestions re: ranking rules.

 Section Three, FAQs. Can someone opine on the Anglo/non-Anglo question or
 second mine?

 There you have it.

 Best Regards, Erick

 NOMINATIONS TO DATE

 The Op,
 Parker,
 Hoke Mosely,
 Matt Helm,
 Doc McCoy
 Philip Marlowe
 Spade,
 Bond,
 Harry Bosch,
 Matt Scudder,
 Easy Rawlins,
 Tom Ripley,
 Lou Ford,
 Frank Mansfield, (Cockfighter),
 Richard Hudson, (Woman Chaser),
 Kells, (Paul Cain, Fast One),
 Keller,
 Fast Eddie Felson,
 Coffin Ed,
 Grave Digger,
 Elvis Cole,(Robert Crais),
 Travis McGee, (John D McDonald, series),
 Michael Schaefer, (Thomas Perry, Butcher's Boy, Sleeping Dogs),
 Mitch Tobin, (Donald Westlake (writing as Tucker Coe)),
 Hap Collins,
 Leonard Pine,
 Donald Robak, (Joe L. Hensley, series),
 Dan Turner (Hollywood Detective, Spicy Pulp),
 Parker, (Stark),
 Abraham Trahearne, (Crumley),
 Richard Wentworth, aka The Spider (series),
 Mouse, (Walter Mosley, series)
 Jane Whitfield, (Tom Perry, series),
 Bob the Nailer, (Stephen Hunter)
 Earl Swagger, (Stephen Hunter)