RARA-AVIS: Ka-Chows in the Night

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 20 Mar 2002

> yep, read "blue murder" years ago. a compulsive "spicy detective"
read.
> back cover blurb sez this guy wrote a reputed 3000+ stories. good
godfrey!

> -kev smith

I've got "Blue Murder" too but unfortunately it doesn't really compare with his "Spicy" short stories with their deliriously demented hard-boiled lingo :
"I glued the measuring glimpse on him; wondered how much chance I had of swatting his rod aside and planting a set of fives on his sneery panorama".
"... a roscoe sneezed: 'KA-CHOW!' from the kitchenette doorway. Baldy toppled forward on his profile, slugged a dent in the carpet with his trumpet. He was deceased before he stopped bouncing." Poetry. And youse guys want to talk Hemingway. Jeez, ain't ya got no couth?

Rene