RARA-AVIS: Hammett digests

From: dgreene@odu.edu
Date: 19 Mar 2002

Todd, They are as much books as any of the other digest-sized paperbacks of the 40's (and there many publishers who used that form). Fred Dannay, who assembled the Hammett collections, did so to have them in book form.

I'll get the contents posted shortly.

Bill, I think there are only 3 or 4 stories by Hammett that have never been collected; 2 were in tiny limtied editions editions published (without authorization) by E.H. Mundell), and 2 others have never been reprinted. I'll get names of these stories for you as well.

Doug

Douglas G. Greene Professor of History Old Dominion University Norfolk, VA 23529-0091 Phone 757 683-3949