RARA-AVIS: Terrill & other Bookstore Owners: Parchisi Murder Mystery?

From: T S ( leptokurtosis@hotmail.com)
Date: 19 Mar 2002

Help Plse,

I've been searching for a book written about 25-30 yrs ago that is about a group of war veterans who sit around their mens club playing parchisi - for keeps. If you capture anothers color you must kill something of that color
(eg; yellow resulted in a draft dodger being killed and a taxi being blown up). It takes place in NYC and focuses on the Detective trying to solve the string of murders.

Sadly, I don't know the title or author. If this rings a bell and anyone can help me with my search I would be most obliged.

Tonio