Re: RARA-AVIS: Hammett short stories

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 18 Mar 2002

On 18 March 2002, dgreene@odu.edu wrote:

: I can send full contents, if anyone's interested.

Please do, and I'll put them up on the web site so people can make a checklist.

You're a publisher. What's your professional opinion on a collection of the Hammett short stories that aren't currently in print, filling in the gaps? Do you think there'd be any market, or that it'd be possible to get the rights? Is it a reasonable idea, would it drive one crazy, is it something only someone like Knopf could do?

Bill