Re: RARA-AVIS: joe btfsplk

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 18 Mar 2002

T. left us hanging: "In one of the Repairman Jack novels, there is mention of a schmoo clock. I had to ponder if I should use Ye Ole footnote or not."

Well, did you? I stopped reading the strip when Al decided to fight the Viet Cong by attacking Joan Baez, so I guess most of the readers wouldn't have been born yet in the schmoo era.

And then Kerry said: "Remember the goons? Big, club-bearing Neanderthals. They were real disablers."

No, I don't. Who were the goons? (The Neanderthals were the sweet and friendly ones who got exterminated by the Cro-Magnons, weren't they?)

Joy, who thinks only a very generous observer would say we're still on topic