Re: RARA-AVIS: LA, Lankford, Chandler question

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 18 Mar 2002

William Hagen wrote:

> Just got back from a short visit to LA. Missed
> Pelecanos, but did see Terrill Lankford in his
> native habitat--Murder, Mayhem, and Movies bookstore
> (perhaps with the M-words in different order).

It's Mysteries, Movies & Mayhem, but a rose by any other name....

> I can report that Mr. Lankford looks just like the picture
> that Miker posted.

That hurts.

> He may have even been wearing the same
> clothes!

People have more than one outfit?

> Those of you who get out there or down there
> before he closes the store in May (?), should definitely look
> him/the store up. He has a very nice collection of crime
> fiction, including old stuff, at very reasonable prices (plus
> a rara-avis discount). And, in case no one has gathered it from
> this list, the man is definitely worth talking to.
>
> Bill Hagen

Thanks, Bill. It was great seeing you in person. That's one good thing about owning the store, I've been able to meet many of the rare birds on this list. Hope I see a few more before we fade into the mists.

BTW - If any list members need a signed copy of George's HELL TO PAY feel free to contact me offlist. Shipping is free on this one for rara-avians.

TL