Re: RARA-AVIS: _shame the devil_ setup

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 17 Mar 2002

I wrote, "The beginning is one of those terrible setups where he introduces a bunch of likable people who are doomed. It was so well written that I kept on reading anyway."

Then Carrie Pruett < pruettc@hotmail.com> said, "I actually liked the beginning and the setup - particularly the support group idea - better than the payoff."

I guess by "setup" I meant to say "prologue" maybe, the beginning where you know the nice freelance graphic artist is going to take her precocious little boy toward the same pizzeria where the psychotic crooks with guns are headed.
    I, too, like the support group, something common that isn't often in books, at least not the ones I read.
    And thanks, Carrie, for the outline of which books belong where. I'll start with whichever of the character series I can get all of easily and cheap.

Joy, where an inch of snow fell this afternoon