RARA-AVIS: Feast of Snakes

From: Paul Miller ( phm@midsouth.rr.com)
Date: 17 Mar 2002

"A Feast of Snakes" is the nastiest, hardest book that I've read in a couple years. Unbelievably cruel and strange. Reading this book will kill the faint-hearted. Doug ................................................

I just finished it minutes ago and my god what a wicked ride that was! I had read part of Crew's Karate is a Thing of the Spirit years ago and thought him just a Flannery OConner imitator. This book is written in a very different style, kind of a super hardboiled noir. Hard hitting like Thompson this book is a genre busting classic that is an unrelenting ride into southern hell. Thanks for the recommend. Now let me go seek counseling.

Paul