RARA-AVIS: Harry Crews

From: Mbdlevin@aol.com
Date: 15 Mar 2002

Richard Moore writes:

<< Yes, I know this is straying from our area but I will bring it back by urging
 those who have not tried Harry Crews to check out his novels. His first
 "The Gospel Singer" is not a bad place to start. It takes place in Enigma, a
 small town a bit south of Macon.

Last time Crews got mentioned I think I said something like the following, but I can't remember: "A Feast of Snakes" is the nastiest, hardest book that I've read in a couple years. Unbelievably cruel and strange. Reading this book will kill the faint-hearted. Doug