Re: RARA-AVIS: Terrill - Book List?

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 15 Mar 2002

T S wrote:

> Hi Terril,
>
> Given how much I enjoyed "Shooters" (and that you own a bookstore) I was
> wondering if you'd care to offer a list of authors you enjoy? W/a little
> luck you'll name one or two I'm unfamiliar with and that'll make me a happy
> guy. I'm relatively new to this group, so, if my request is out of line
> please accept my apologies. Have a nice w/e.
> Tonio

Tonio,

I don't get to read nearly as much as I would like and when I do I end up reading whatever my very prolific friends have written lately, so this list is quite biased and has little to do with all the good books and fine writers that are out there. In no particular order my favorite living crime writers would have to be Mike Connelly, Joe Lansdale, Stephen Hunter, Scott Phillips, Kent Harrington, Walter Mosley, Jeff Parker, Richard Barre, James Ellroy, Eddie Bunker, Barbara Seranella, Robert Stone, Kem Nunn and Newton Thornburg.

A few of the dead folks I enjoy (and this is a list that could go on and on) - Fitzgerald, Hammett, Dos Passos, Thompson, Fante, Nabakov, West, and when I need a good chuckle, Big Ray. I've only read one Willeford, but liked it a lot and I'm sure I'll eventually read all of them. (And THE WOMAN CHASER is one of my favorite films, ever.)

I've left a ton of people out, but I don't think you can go wrong with anybody on those lists.

So many books, so little time....

TL