RARA-AVIS: Paperback Parade

From: Larson, Craig ( Craig.Larson@tsjc.cccoes.edu)
Date: 14 Mar 2002

I bought a bunch of back issues, spread over a number of years, just to get an idea of what they were like. I guess I was hoping for something more along the lines of _The Scream Factory's_ successor, _Bare Bones_, which had an excellent, in-depth article about the entire Richard Stark series, pre-_Comeback_, with plot summaries and critical comments about each book, complete with a rating. The articles in _Paperback Parade_ weren't really this sort of article, but more focused on whether the books were worth collecting, etc. I was a bit disappointed.

Craig Larson Trinidad, CO