RE: RARA-AVIS: Chandler/papa

From: Luca Conti ( luca.conti8@tin.it)
Date: 12 Mar 2002

> All of the short stories that Chandler eventually
> combined and expanded into novels are collected in
> KILLER IN THE RAIN. There's also a long forward by
> the editor of the book (I think it was Philip Durham)
> explaining which stories were combined to make which
> novels.

Here it is:

The Big Sleep: Killer in the Rain, The Curtain

Farewell, My Lovely [working titles: The Girl from Florian's; The Second Murderer]: The Man Who Liked Dogs, Try The Girl, Mandarin's Jade
  The Lady in the Lake [working titles: Law Is Where You Buy It; The Girl from Brunette's; Goldfish; The Golden Anklet; Deep in Dark Waters]: Bay City Blues, The Lady in the Lake, No Crime in the Mountains
  The High Window [working title: The Brasher Doubloon]: Pearls Are a Nuisance
      Zone of Twilight [original title of what later became Playback]: Guns at Cyrano's, Nevada Gas

Luca Conti

luca.conti8@tin.it luca.con@tiscalinet.it