Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Shame the Devil/Sacred Cows

From: ansmith@netdoor.com
Date: 10 Mar 2002

>Are there any unflawed works out there? In
> the realm of Crime Lit, in which I am far from an expert, I can only
> think of _The Big Sleep_ .

Even then...

Isn't that Randall Jarrell's definition of a novel? "A long prose narrative that had something wrong with it."

I'm guilty of the "What a crap writer" accusations, too. And it's fine except when someone else says it about someone I like. I know that's completely and awfully unfair. So what? Makes life fun.

NS