Re: RARA-AVIS: last good kiss

From: Graham Powell ( bleekerbooks@hotmail.com)
Date: 10 Mar 2002

Actually, ONE TO COUNT CADENCE was his first novel, published around 1970. Then he published THE WRONG CASE, the first Milo Milodragovitch novel (my personal favorite), then THE WRONG CASE.

His latest book, THE FINAL COUNTRY, is real good and has lots of Crumley touches, but it's not as powerful as his earlier stuff.

Graham

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Robison" < zspider@gte.net> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2002 10:13 AM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: last good kiss

> Miker said:
> > "and with so many old and dead writers discussed on this list, i
> > was surprised to find a new book by him in the stores."
> >
> pat said
> > Excuse me but I find this offensive. It should not because it only
shows
> > YOUR limitations.
> >
> > You did not waste your money: One to Count Cadence is brilliant.
>

> huh? i don't know what the heck you are talking about. what i meant
> was that i thought (wrongly) that chumley was one of those writers that
> had died a long time ago, and i was surprised to see he's still alive and
> writing.
>
> but its comforting to find that i can be offensive without even trying.
;-)