RE: RARA-AVIS: Shame the Devil

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@verizon.net)
Date: 09 Mar 2002

Yeah, but while trying to think of an excuse for my mistake the thought comes to me that there are specific literary concepts ... but their application depends on a subjective judgment. Reality being gray, not black and white. Maybe it was a Freudian slip towards the universal truth.

--
Anthony Dauer
Alexandria, Virginia

Beware the Ides of March!
"If I die, then I forgive you ... ... if I survive, we shall see."
-- Spanish Proverb
http://www.adau.net/judas_ezine/contest/
-----Original Message----- From: Mark Sullivan Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2002 4:56 PM
While I tend to agree with the underlying notion here that art criticism is largely an exercise in rationalizing personal gut reactions, haven't subjective and objective been reversed here? How can something be both arbitrary and objective?