Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Dr. Smith

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 09 Mar 2002

> Since the subject heading refers to our newest Doctor, I must ask
> whether any of the stories in his creative disser. were the sort that the
> Birds here would find interesting. (IE do disser. committees let one do
> good crime fiction these days?) Oh, congrats of course...

I tended to keep the crime writing and lit writing separate at school
(although I'm always trying to blend them, the profs were a little picky, even though they thought highly of my love of crime writing and my work in the area), but one story I published at Barcelona Review
(barcelonareview.com) was borderline. Actually, the diss/collection covered another of my obsessions--Pentecostals.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I did, by the way, desgnate American Hard-boiled as my major area and had to take an exam focussed on it.

Neil Smith