Re: RARA-AVIS: Getaway

From: Paul Miller ( phm@midsouth.rr.com)
Date: 09 Mar 2002

Bill Hagen wrote: Agree with Paul that Getaway probably scores highest in balancing plot with characterization. I'm wondering what others you would put high on the Thompson list? Any sleepers that we ought to hunt up?.......................................

Killer Inside, Grifters, and Hell of a Woman all are really good Thompson in my book. Sleepers might be The Criminal, The Killoff, and I enjoyed the hell out of The Golden Gizmo which is funny and highly enertaining. It's Thompson's version of the Tall Tale meets Noir. The Golden Gizmo is my favorite Thompson yet it is not even in the running in the best written category.

Paul Miller