RARA-AVIS: Dark, hard-boiled Florida

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 26 Feb 2002

It looks like I will be in Gainesville, FL on March 14 and 15, digging through the UFL special collections archives for the early DEEP BLUE GOODBYE manuscript and looking for evidence that will shore up my arguments about doubling in the novel. Two question on that score:

One, while I'm there, is there anyone with a JDM question that looking through the manuscripts / letters / etc. might help answer? I'll only have access to the collection for 18 hours or less over the two days, but I could probably do some quick third-party research for someone if the price is right
(like, a promised beer sometime in the future).

Two, is there anything to do in Gainesville, FL other than dig through the John D. MacDonald manuscript collection? Anything I shouldn't miss?

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/