RARA-AVIS: Hammett--the movie

From: Moorich2@aol.com
Date: 22 Feb 2002

I have not seen the edition of the Gore book with the introduction describing the difficult circumstances of the movie production that Bill Bowers mentioned. I do recall an article in "The Armchair Detective" on the same subject and it was funny in a black humor sort of way. I believe Ross Thomas was hired toward the latter stages. In fact the article may have been more of a dialog between the writers involved. Someone with a better memory (and a handy Armchair index) will no doubt supply more details.

Richard Moore