Re: RARA-AVIS: The Doppleganger (was Oh, Kanada)

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 21 Feb 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Upper" < gcupper3@yahoo.com> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 11:25 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: The Doppleganger (was Oh, Kanada)

> --- Rene Ribic < rribic@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> > Um, yes. What George said. (About doppelgangers). I
> > think he's covered
> > it.
>
> Hmmmm...I notice that Rene felt the need to qualify
> his statement, as if every word that flows from my
> mouth (or, in this case, fingers) is not dripping with
> Truth and Knowledge. They told me when I applied for
> grad school that everything I said would be accepted
> without question from then on. I must be doing
> something wrong.
>
> G.

Actually, all I meant was that my reply was rather perfunctory & superficial compared to your own more thought out & well researched answer to the original query. My tone was meant to be ironic but the irony was at my own expense, not yours. I was impressed by the depth of your reply. (No, that's not meant to be ironic, or sarcastic, whichever is more appropriate). Perhaps I should go back to using smileycons :-)

Rene PS - I realise that your own posting is not completely without an ironic tone also. I'm not getting toey, I just thought I should point out I wasn't having a laugh at your expense. I promise you, I'm much less subtle in that area than you may think.When I have a dig, everyone knows.