Re: RARA-AVIS: The Doppleganger (was Oh, Kanada)

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 21 Feb 2002

> >somebody said this:
> > Believe it or not, I'm in the process of writing a
> > thesis on the doppleganger in southern (U.S.)
> > hard-boiled detective fiction.
>
> what's a doppleganger?
>
> thanks, miker

My dictionary (Australian Concise Oxford) describes it as so: "wraith of living person" but as I understand it (& used it originally) it refers to a person's exact double. I think there is/was some German myth or legend along the lines that everybody has a doppelganger somewhere in the world. I misspelt it in my original post - the above version is correct.

Rene