Re: RARA-AVIS: Philadelphia follow-up

From: ksm ( outpost@entirety.ca)
Date: 20 Feb 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: Rene Ribic < rribic@optusnet.com.au> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 2:17 AM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Philadelphia follow-up

> If you haven't read them yet, I would also recommend "The Big Heat" &
> "Odds Against Tomorrow". "The Big Heat" was, of course made into a
> terrific film by Fritz Lang with Glen Ford & Lee Marvin, "Odds" was
> filmed also, starring Robert Ryan & Harry Belafonte, IIRC, directed by
> Robert Wise & also worth a look.
>
> Rene (who could handle a bit of snow at the moment)

thanks rene, i've seen both films - really good music in "odds against" too, by the modern jazz quartet i think? there's a great scene where belafonte
(in a moment of personal crisis) does a sort of breakdown/vibraphone freakout in a swanky niteclub. gotta love a perfect-crime-gone-wrong noir film w/ a jazz soundtrack.

i believe i read "big heat" years ago but it musn't have left the impression
"rogue cop" has.

kevinvic