Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: DEREK RAYMOND

From: Scatalogic@aol.com
Date: 19 Feb 2002

Not all Raymond books are Factory novels.

The Crust on its Uppers is not, and in my opinion is not as good as the factory novels. As Mark (I think) pointed out, Not Till the Red fog is not a factory novel, and again does not rise to their heights - it has some frankly poor back plotting on atomic espionage, but I do think that the factory and maybe even the Sgt make an appearance. A state of Denmark is a political thriller/dystopian/orwellian what have you - see earlier reference to V for Vendetta. I like it very much but it's not a Factory (ie Poland Street Police Station) novel. Sorry, am I getting finickety? The tragedy of help is that it never comes - DR Colin