Re: RARA-AVIS: Destroyer (and a little Vachss)

From: Joe Dante ( joe_dante@flashmail.com)
Date: 18 Feb 2002

At 2/18/02 01:19 PM, George Upper wrote:
>I'm sure I'll read more Vachss, but if they continue to be as long and
>drawn out as FLOOD, I'm going to wish he'd let me edit them.

Actually I think they've gotten more spare and fast paced, since. I seem to recall Vachss once saying (interview, maybe?) that FLOOD was so crammed full because he didn't know if he'd ever get another chance to get his message across, so he was going to do as much as he could in that one book.

I think his non-series book SHELLA is probably his best, but the latest Burke one (PAIN MANAGEMENT) isn't bad either.

But, for now ... back to Travis McGee!

Joe D. NY, NY