RARA-AVIS: Chandler-Browne-Latimer-Canada

From: Mbdlevin@aol.com
Date: 18 Feb 2002

I was way behind on the Digest and tore through them, so this observation might have already been made. There was a thread about Browne being a drinking buddy with Chandler. My fuzzy recollection (probably based on somebody else's fuzzy research) was that Chandler used to see/drink with Jonathan Latimer when they both lived in La Jolla. Maybe Browne and Latimer have been conflated somewhere along the line. On Chandler and Canada. I thought that he traveled from California to Canada to enlist in the Canadian military out of allegiance to England, but that he never lived long in Canada and did not go to school there. Doug