RARA-AVIS: MIA Hunter

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 17 Feb 2002

I'm just back from a conference in Scottsdale, and in going through the e-mail I noticed the reference to the MIA Hunter series. That one came along a bit later than the ones we've discussed, and Joe Lansdale certainly didn't write all of them. In fact, while in Scottsdale, I got to talk with Mr. MIA Hunter himself, Steve Mertz, who created the series and who is the "real" Jack Buchanan. I know because I also had a hand in three or four of the MIA Hunter books. I'm sure that in Joe's case as well as mine, Steve provided the outlines for the books and did revisions of the final drafts. So the books are actually collaborations. At lunch yesterday, there were three Jack Buchanans sitting at one table (me, Mertz, and Lansdale).
 That might be a record.

Bill Crider