Re: RARA-AVIS: Travis McGee

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Feb 2002

Rene,

Re William F. Nolan's series mentioned by you below:

> . . . has anyone noticed that Raymond Chandler
> is the hero of a
> new(?) series by William F Nolan? It may be
> marvellous but I doubt if
> I'll find out, the idea has NO interest for me at
> all.
  Actually, Chandler's only one of the CO-heroes. The series features Dashiell Hammett, Erle Stanley Gardner, and Chandler teaming up to solve crimes. Each book is narrated by one of the three, with the other two performing sidekick duty. Nolan's aim is to try to faithfully reporduce each writer's style. I've read the first one, THE BLACK MASK MURDERS, which I enjoyed, but not enough to look for the sequels.

JIM DOHERTY