Re: RARA-AVIS: The Executioner & the "Men's Action" Sub-Genre

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 14 Feb 2002

In a message dated 2/14/02 12:24:32 PM, ansmith@netdoor.com writes:

<< How about Brian Michael Bendis? His JINX and CATFISH were great noir

comics. He's got to have a novel in him somewhere (if he'll just quit

writing about Spider Man.) He also took over DAREDEVIL and took it back to

a more Miller-esque crime story style.

Greg Rucka is doing comics, too. DETECTIVE and a few others, I think. >>

I've read Bendis and I'm a big fan of Rucka's. especially enjoying his British spy series Queen and Country right now. but I was refering to the men's action genre in comics in my previous post.

John Lau